The usual Manjaro Stable updates. Keep it simple and working. You can grab the ISO from here.
I don’t know where this should go… being a forum newbie I posted to the wrong date, so I am reposting that here:
Decades long user of xfce here… Tromjaro’s version of xfce is oddly more resource heavy (read slow). It stutters, pauses, freezes and hangs in places xfce never has… I want to like Tromjaro (LOVE the marriage of Manjaro and Garuda repos) and will keep tweaking graphics drivers for a bit, but I am frustrated with my lack of technical insight on this (is it maybe open source vs nvidia graphics crapola? No, it loaded intel proprietary drivers… euww
…) I am on an older ASUSTEK laptop (SonicMaster 17inch) with 4GB RAM (yes I need to invest in 12 or 16), but spent two weeks on cachyos/niri with no hitch. idk. Any thoughts on what is/could be going on will be much appreciated. Tromjaro xfce looks great, it just isnt performing for me…
Is ok to post here. Alternatively you can create a new post in Bugs/Help Wanted category.
Can you open Resources (the application) and monitor a bit to see if your RAM or CPU are maxing out? And if so check the Apps and Processes section of it and see what keeps them busy.
It can be totally a mix of the Nvidia drivers and Kernel. You can also try a different Kernel. Open the Kernels, select and install different ones, and on boot press Shift or Esc, I dont remember, to see the GRUB menu and select different kernels.
Let us know how it goes.
Cheers!