TROMjaro Forum

TROMjaro 2023.07.11

The usual Manjaro Stable updates but also some fixes that you, the one already using TROMjaro, have to do. First of all try to update your system via the terminal with sudo pacman -Syu.

After you reboot your system, go to the folder etc in File System. Find the file pacman.conf. Right click and “Edit as Root”. Find these lines:

# [community]
# SigLevel = PackageRequired
# Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

In your file they do not have the # in front of each line, so add it. And save.

Lastly, open the terminal and do these commands, one by one:

sudo pacman -Syu "pacman>=6.0.2-11"
sudo pacman -Syu

These are Manjaro-related issues…

Other than that everything else is quite the same.

Grab it from here.

Thanks for the instructions! Unfortunately I cannot complete the first step due to a dependency conflict with my Palemoon browser install. On running sudo pacman -Syu, after updating the databases and successfully installing archlinux-keyring-20230704-1, then at the start of the full system upgrade it asks me:

:: Replace palemoon-bin with extra/palemoon? [Y/n]

If I say yes I get:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing electron (1:25-1) breaks dependency 'electron22' required by min

(min is another web broswer which I find to be quite nice for e.g. perusing large online databases that do not load smoothly in other browsers)

If I start again but this time say no to that, then I get:

resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: palemoon and palemoon-bin are in conflict. Remove palemoon-bin? [y/N]

If I say no to this second question I get:

error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: palemoon and palemoon-bin are in conflict

If I then start again but this time say no to the first question, but yes to the second question I end up back at:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing electron (1:25-1) breaks dependency 'electron22' required by min

So there is no way to proceed. Is there any way in pacman at least to ignore these kinds of issues and go ahead with everything else? I guess otherwise I will have to uninstall either Palemoon or Min, and then try to re-install it again afterwards.

I have palemoon-bin from Official Repositories (community) and min from the AUR.

If AUR packages fail to build with the error target not found open the terminal and do this:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Scc && sudo pacman -Syu

And after run this

pamac update --force-refresh --aur
1 Like

Remove both the Min browser and Palemoon. Do the updates. Reboot. Then install them. Works here I tested. I used the Palemoon from repos and Min form AUR. Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Thank you for the instructions and for testing all that! Yes, I’ve got it all working successfully now :+1:

I did have a few different build errors with Min initially, but fixed after running these commands. Also a useful tip to keep in mind for the future thank you :nerd_face:

1 Like